The Mode Meets - Melanie Blane, Founder of White Rabbit Skincare

The Mode Meets Melanie Blane, Founder of White Rabbit Skincare

Here at Eponymous, we’ve been passionate about promoting independent creators and makers from across the globe and it’s always a bonus when a great brand comes along which happens to be right on our doorstep! We managed to grab Melanie away from her hectic schedule for a quick interview, to discover exactly why White Rabbit Skincare is making a huge impact in the vegan skincare market.


The skincare industry is one of the toughest to crack.  What made you feel that you had to create White Rabbit and what makes you stand out from your competitors?

I've never felt like I had to create White Rabbit Skincare - I sort of fell into it by accident! That being said, I'm really glad that I did launch the brand, and that we're making our mark as a premium, eco-friendly skincare range. I started making products for myself after being diagnosed with the skin condition psoriasis, and after much research decided I most definitely didn't want to use products such as steroid creams long term - especially given that 60% of what you put onto your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream. So I thought what better way to guarantee where a product comes from, what it's made of, and how it's made than to create them myself?

I'm also really proud of the fact that we are leading the way in terms of plastic free packaging - 94% of our product packaging is free of plastic and made of aluminium and/or glass, and we're working on the remaining 6%!

What’s the best piece of feedback that you’ve received about the brand?

We have been so incredibly lucky with the feedback and support we receive from our customers, influencers and so on, but the one piece of feedback that really stands out for me is when Harry Potter actress Evanna Lynch posted about us on her instagram:

"In love with this vegan skincare brand White Rabbit Skincare. Been using this range for the past 2 weeks and this is my skin without makeup now and I gotta say, as someone who won't even answer a FaceTime call without full makeup, it looks f**king great. Check them out if you're looking for a completely cruelty free skincare range!"

Is there are hero product in the range or a formulation that you would recommend a newbie get started with?

Cleansing is key to any skincare regime, and our Comfort Cleansing Balm is incredibly popular - with customers and the White Rabbit team alike! It's made of 100% natural plant derived ingredients, it's suitable for all skin types - and it has been rated by skincare queen Caroline Hirons!

Do you have any new products on the horizon or future plans to expand the range?

I'll let you into a secret: we're currently working on a collaboration with another artisan company based in Edinburgh - all will be revealed within the next few months!

We loved watching White Rabbit customers rave about the formulations in our popup stores. Do you have a proudest achievement?

I've been incredibly lucky to have had so many incredible opportunities since starting White Rabbit Skincare, and I am so proud of it every day, but I don't think anything will compare to each time someone tells me they love our products, or how they've helped them - it's still a bit surreal!

Thanks to Melanie for the scoop on what’s in the pipeline and we know from using the brand ourselves how beautiful it is to use.  If Caroline Hirons rates your products, you know you’ve made it!  

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published